For that reason I thought I'd show you how to make a simple lacy triangle bralette. Also one for the single ladies or to make whenever, no man ever needed to wear pretty things underneath.
You can also easily use this guide to make a babydoll. Just attach some pretty fabric to the bottom of the bralette.
- Some silky/satiny material - you will see this material again, as it was also used for another project
- Lace trim, ideally stretchy
- Sewing machine/needle and thread
- Optional: bra hooks and eyes
- Cut out two triangles from the silky fabric. How big depends on how much of your goods you want to cover.
- Cut four bits of lace trim that look roughly like in picture 2.
- Picture 3 shows how it should all be sewed together. Zig zag stitching is best for this project.
- Measure how far apart on your chest the triangles should be and sew them onto a long bit of lace trim.
For cuteness, make the lace trim bit really long and tie into a bow at the back. Or really, really long so it can be wrapped around twice and tied into a bow at the front.
For practicality, measure how long you need the trim bit to be to go around you, attach bra hooks and eyes.
- Using lace with a bit of stretch, measure carefully the distance from the top of the triangle, over the shoulder and down to the back strap. Or even measure the straps on a bra that fits well. Cut some lace trim this length and sew in place.
And that's it. Style with flowers in your hair and lipstick and have a great Valentine's!